Friday, April 1, 2011

The Story of Us, Part 2

The meeting and a little more background...


During my junior year of high school, my best friend (who was a senior) met this guy named Josh. He was a senior at Appalachian and was doing an internship in the graphics arts department at our high school (where he had attended school). Our official meeting was on a Friday night at a football game and, quite honestly, I was not that impressed. ;-). I remember him wearing a baseball hat pulled down really low and when we were introduced he just kinda nodded his head to acknowledge me. Anyway, they started dating and he started coming to church with us. We were all great friends and pretty much did everything together...including going to the prom. (I'm so tempted to post that picture but out of respect for the two other people, I won't.) It's so interesting to me now, the things I remember about their relationship. I loved watching the way Josh loved/treated her...the way he pushed her buttons just to get a reaction (although I don't appreciate it as much now that I'm the recipient of the pushing). They dated that year and into the summer. We did all the usual youth group activities together (camp, mission trip, etc) and had a blast. Josh had graduated from ASU by that point and was ready to get married. I still remember exactly where we were the day he showed me the ring he was thinking about buying. I was so excited for them. That fall, I entered my senior year of high school, my boyfriend started his sophomore year at Gardner-Webb, and my best friend started her freshman year at UNC-CH. A few weeks later, Josh came to Monday night visitation at our church completely heartbroken. He had been to Cary for an interview and stopped by UNC to see my best friend and they had broken up. I will never forget the look on his face that night...

No comments: